MARCH 12, 2013
Introducing Insidestats: Our New Tool to Evaluate High Schools
Students and parents in the nation's largest public school system just got a crucial, free new tool: Insidestats. A project of Insideschools.org at the Center for New York City Affairs, Insidestats is a new online scorecard that provides in-depth data on 422 New York City high schools. Clara Hemphill, editor-in-chief of Insideschools.org, launched Insidestats on Tuesday, March 12, with a live demonstration.
Complementing the reviews for which Insideschools.org is known, Insidestats provides detailed, up-to-date data across five areas:
- "At-A-Glance" Statistics: Number of students, daily attendance, uniforms.
- Safety and Vibe: Average class size, student ratings of teachers and principals, order and discipline.
- Who Graduates: Graduation and drop-out data.
- College Prep: Advanced Placement scores, college enrollment rates.
- Special Ed and ELL: Inclusion of disabled students in school activities, success of English Language Learners.
Send us feedback:
Feel free to post feedback on our Facebook page or email us. We created this tool for you and we'd like to hear from you about what's working and what's not. (Please remember, this is the beta edition of Insidestats, and we're aware there are some technical glitches to work out.)
Insidestats was made possible with a grant from The Donors' Education Collaborative and New York Community Trust. Design expertise was provided by Hill+Knowlton Strategies.